Sunday, November 13, 2005

Inspiration & Paradox 6: Life is in a constant flux

I reflect a lot about my own journeys in life. What is so intriguing to me is that our life is not about moving from one highland to the next, from one state of existence to another. Life is always in a flux. It is disc-shaped, there are times when I have to start all over again, learn the same hard lesson all over again. I experience life as paradoxical. It is not made up of neat stages; seldom do I move from “darkness” to “enlightenment” and “live happily ever after” as one book that I have read puts it. I struggle for new understandings and grope for new directions all the time. How often do I have to I withdraw myself to a place of solitude and to my source of renewal so as to find fuel for the journey. It is a perpetual rhythm of my inner being.
We are on the road, we are there, but have not arrived. Yes, we are home but still on a journey. And we know we have completed the task, but there is still much that needs to be done.

No comments: