Friday, June 24, 2011

Paradox and Inspiration 147: Dignity Doesn't Come with Age

While looking for an unoccupied table at the IMM food court, I caught my nine-year-old reasoning with an old granny in Mandarin. On enquiring, my girl complained that she was the first to get to the table but the old lady argued that she was more deserving because she had gone round the food court three times hunting for a table. I pulled my reluctant, red-faced daughter away and explained to her that it was not worth fighting over it. As we retreated, the old lady also hastened off to alert the rest of her family members of her find. This time, another young boy bolted over to take the same table, but was again shooed away by the returning old lady. Looking disgusted, the boy stormed off, muttering "I really feel like giving her the finger!"

No comments: