Thursday, July 06, 2006

Inspiration & Paradox 47: What is Perfect Vision?

Recently I had my short-sighted vision corrected to 6-6 using Lasik. I was told that in 5 years time, I will not be able to escape long-sightedness. I find the idea of long sightedness and short-sightedness all very paradoxical if taking them apart from all the scientific reasonings we learn in school. Short-sightedness seems to be easier to understand -- you can see only near and not far, your vision is limited. Long-sightedness is not so easy to understand, if one cannot see things from a short distance, how are they able to see things that are faraway? In life, if the short term needs are not met, how will one be able to have the drive to go for things in the future? I have heard of people having a problem of short-sightedness on one eye and long-sightedness on the other, I cannot imagine what the world is like for them..... But may be then having a perfect vision is not about having 6-6 for some people who choose to just see with their mind and not eyes -- they only focus on things they can see. It is perhaps all about seeing what you want to see. Like bablies, don't they only focus on what is around them and what they are interested in or what catches their attention? So perhaps a real perfect vision can only be envisioned with the mind -- all our needs of seeing something is met when our focus is only on that something, that is, there is no need to see at a distance when our focus is only on all the happenings right in front of us, and similarly, there is no need to see where I am when my mind is on an object faraway.....

No comments: