Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Inspiration & Paradox 108: He Wants Our Yesterday

Just when you think that you have put the past behind you, something happens and all the old memories and feelings come piling on you again. Have you felt this way before?

The meaning of 1 John 4:18 “...perfect love casts out fear” was revelation to me. It is not our faith but our belief and trust in His love that will cast out our fear, fear of lack, fear of inadequacy, fear of failure, fear of tomorrow... It is the confidence in God's perfect love for me that will keep me there. Perfect love is love despite of. He loves me unconditionally, He loves me first... And if I decide to choose to believe that He loves me despite of what has happened and will happen to me, I can have no fear. Focussing and concentrating on God’s perfect love for me will drive out all fear.

And the greatest way to demonstrate that I trust in His perfect love is to give Him my yesterday, and thank Him for every failure, every setback, every pain in the past. Knowing that God has allowed my yesterday to make me what I am today gives me the peace and assurance that I can face tomorrow. God is a God of progress. He’s never standing still. Even when it seems that absolutely nothing is happening in my live or worse, life is taking many steps back, God is working behind the scene to fit me into His scheme of things.

No comments: